I have completed quite a few changes to the touch table lately. There was a height problem with the lasers – I’m not sure it is completely fixed but it does seem a lot better. I had to add a layer of thin plexiglass below the screen layer, but not the lasers, in order to effectively lower them.
Other current progress:
- LCD ribbon board has been mounted
- LCD PCB has been mounted
- Laser control assembly created
- LCD control assembly planned
- LED ribbon broken (ripped contacts loose…)
- LED ribbon fixed (reattached contacts…)
Each laser can be turned off or unplugged individually, or all can be turned off or unplugged together. Also, the laser power supply now has an actual plug.
My next step is to make an assembly to control the LCD and contain all the ports, including the camera. Here’s a rough view of what it will contain (it may or may not be attached to the laser control assembly).